It may seem unlikely to have uninvited guests join your Microsoft Teams meeting; however, it may occur if you do not take precautions. OIT has prepared some best practices when setting up your online Teams meetings to prevent uninvited participants from joining.
Here are some recommendations to get you started:
- Use the Add required attendees selection list to ensure the meeting invitation is sent to a UTK email address.
- Within the Response Options, de-select “Allow forwarding” of the invitation.
- Within Meeting Options, consider revising settings to:
- Allow meeting organizers/co-organizers permission to bypass the lobby so that only invited participants are admitted to the meeting.
- Allow only organizers or specific individuals permission to present.
- Disable microphones and cameras for attendees.
Learn more about running a secure meeting:
- Review all of the OIT guidelines for your Microsoft Teams meetings in the OIT Knowledge Base.
- If you need help determining the best security option for your online meeting, class, or presentation, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- If you using Zoom for your online meetings, follow OIT’s guidelines for securing your Zoom meetings.