OIT will be moving T-Storage Home areas to a new storage service. During the move, the home areas mapped to the H: drive (Tshome) will be unavailable during the following times:
Tuesday, February 21, 2023, at 10:00 p.m. through Wednesday, February 22, 2023, at 1:00 a.m.
After the Migration
If you cannot connect to T-Storage after the migration, OIT recommends logging off and back on. If that doesn’t correct the issue, you may need to remap your drives. Instructions are available in the OIT Knowledge Base for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Technical Notes About the Migration
- Apps@UTK uses mapped drives to home areas, which will not be accessible during the Tshome outage on February 21.
- IP numbers are changing. You must remap these drives if your client is mapped with IP names instead of names.
- Clients that don’t support encrypted sessions, such as Windows 7 and SMB 1.x clients, aren’t supported by the new service.
- File share migrations break clients that have enabled offline file sharing. You will need to remap these drives and disable offline files.
- Older File snapshots, or Previous Versions, cannot be transferred to the new service. Please contact the OIT HelpDesk if you need something restored from the old storage service.